In creating a Gig, doing just a little bit of background research can help you set up for success. Whether you are creating a Gig for the first time, revising an existing one, or branching out to create Gigs in a new category, taking the following steps will set you on the path to creating Gigs that succeed:
- BEFORE YOU CREATE YOUR GIG, FIND YOUR NICHE:
The best Gig ideas are small, scalable tasks that only take you a few minutes to complete. As a seller, your first assignment is to break down your skill set into a small offering that it makes sense to sell starting at $5.00. When defining what exactly your Gig will be, ask yourself:
- Does it take me a few (5 to 15 minutes) to complete this action?
- Is this action or service scalable? Could I deliver multiples of it in batches?
- Are there extra services or components that could be built onto this task?
If your answer to all of those questions is “Yes”, then you have a viable Gig on your hands!
- BEFORE YOU CREATE YOUR GIG, RESEARCH YOUR SKILL:
When considering creating a Gig, it’s important to take a look at existing 234work Gigs similar to the one you are planning to offer. Knowing what other sellers are offering will give you a sense of what the market is for your skill and will help you understand what you will need to do to succeed. Ask yourself:
- Are there many other versions of your Gig selling already?
- How can you distinguish yourself from other sellers?
- Do you see an opportunity to meet a need that hasn’t yet been met?
If you see that there are already a surplus of sellers offering the identical service to the one you have in mind, brainstorm how you can distinguish yourself from the rest.
- BEFORE YOU CREATE YOUR GIG, KNOW YOUR VALUE
234work.com services start at $5.00. Although it can be tempting to offer promotions or discounts so that the orders will start rolling in, offering your work for free is not a recommended approach to connect with sellers. It is important to set your potential buyer’s expectation that your work can’t be obtained for free. It’s essential to know your worth as a seller and not to compromise it in order to attempt attracting buyers.
- BEFORE YOU CREATE YOUR GIG, ESTABLISH A WORKFLOW
Getting organized before the orders start coming in will serve you well. Establishing a process for how you will complete orders is essential. Figure out the different aspects of your process such as:
- What time of day or what time each week will I spend working on my Gigs?
- How can I set up a productive workspace?
- What materials do I need to work on my Gigs.